My FTP is Really Slow or Disconnects Often. Why?
The passive mode is a method of communication that is often mandatory with some servers or if you are behind a firewall. But sometimes this method of communication infringes the data transfers and prevents you from seeing the list of your files on the server.
To activate/de-activate the passive mode in FileZilla, or others:
- Open your FTP application.
- Go to the FTP Options and locate Passive Mode.
- If Passive Mode is selected, un-select this option.
- If Passive Mode is not selected, select this option.
- In FileZilla, this is located under Edit Settings FTP Transfer Mode.
- Try using your FTP again.
To activate/de-activate the passive mode in AceFTP 3 Pro:
- Go to your Site Profile within AceFTP 3 Pro
- Choose Properties
- Select Server Features
- Check the box for PASV mode
- Save the option and exit
- 2 Users Found This Useful
The purpose of this tutorial is to teach you how to upload and download files, and manage those...
SmartFTP is a desktop program that allows you to make a connection between a local host (your...
With this tutorial, you are going to learn how to upload and download files and folder using...
This tutorial is going to teach you how to configure your web site in the program LeapFTP. This...
To begin, we will assume that you have the FTP program CuteFTP already installed and running on...