My FTP is Really Slow or Disconnects Often. Why?
The passive mode is a method of communication that is often mandatory with some servers or if you are behind a firewall. But sometimes this method of communication infringes the data transfers and prevents you from seeing the list of your files on the server.
To activate/de-activate the passive mode in FileZilla, or others:
- Open your FTP application.
- Go to the FTP Options and locate Passive Mode.
- If Passive Mode is selected, un-select this option.
- If Passive Mode is not selected, select this option.
- In FileZilla, this is located under Edit Settings FTP Transfer Mode.
- Try using your FTP again.
To activate/de-activate the passive mode in AceFTP 3 Pro:
- Go to your Site Profile within AceFTP 3 Pro
- Choose Properties
- Select Server Features
- Check the box for PASV mode
- Save the option and exit
- 1 Users Found This Useful
This tutorial is going to teach you how to upload your files and folders using the program WS_FTP...
This tutorial will teach you how to upload files using the FTP program FileZilla, and then how to...
FlashFXP is a FTP program, and this tutorial is going to teach you how to configure your web site...
Configuring your web site in WinSCP is the first step to using this FTP program to upload and...
When trying to connect to your account using FileZilla you get a temporary connection then it...